Electri-Cord Mfg. Co.
The Production Scheduler is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring products through the complete production cycle for U.S. Manufacturing site(s). Works with various departments (Materials, Production, Sales, etc.) utilizing available system tools to create and maintain realistic and achievable schedules in the ERP environment based on resource and material availability. Collaborates with the Materials and Production groups to facilitate schedule changes and react to expedite and other customer requests as well as with the Estimating department with post quote/NPI activities as required. Acts as a customer advocate with awareness and understanding of our customer needs (internal/external) seeking for continuous improvement in our processes to ensure a smooth schedule and seamless customer experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Essential Position Functions:
1. Casts and manages the CAP-LOAD report to understand plant load and resource requirements. Collaborates with Production group to understand resource allocations and Manufacturing Manager to make recommendations on staffing level adjustments and potential OT requirements.
2. Runs custom MRP processes as required to assist with specialized procurement functions.
3. Manages Production Confirmation tools on daily basis to pull latest customer order backlog data, assess material complete statuses and confirm new orders/expedite requests back to the sales team.
4. Ensures timely confirmation turnaround times by identifying and addressing hurdles with appropriate parties. Reports on bottlenecks when “time to commit” KPI is unable to be met.
5. Reviews any late orders, identifies associated job(s), their status and potential issues to facilitate quick review and return to schedule. Communicates issues as necessary.
6. Reviews and executes MRP scheduling suggestions. Firms and Schedules/Re-schedules Jobs in accordance with ship dates provided. Ensures start dates of Jobs are in alignment with schedule.
7. Organizes and provides schedule to Warehouse group to ensure timely kitting of production Jobs.
8. Shares schedules and other potential key follow up activities with production group to ensure timely start of jobs.
9. Assesses feedback from production group upon potential disruptions and works with necessary departments to allocate resources to addressing issues.
10. Reviews active schedule (daily/week/beyond) looking for any potential lagging indicators. Reports any delays in schedule, assesses and communicates required changes to schedules as proactively as possible.
11. Assists with BOM/Method/Planning data set-ups & changes in ERP system to ensure proper MRP planning schedules (buffer, que times, resource allocations to operations, etc.)
12. Actively participates in various planning meetings including but not limited to, NPI, ECO, and Production Confirmation.
13. Assists in Departmental Reporting Activities.
14. Performs other departmental duties as required.
15. Observe safety and security procedures and uses any equipment and materials in a safe manner.
Preferred Education, Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
• Education: AS/BS Business
• 5+ years manufacturing environment experience;
• 5 years in a Supply Chain Planning environment preferred
• Understanding of inventory management requirements
• Knowledge and Technical Skills: Lean Manufacturing background
• Software: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Material Resource Planning (MRP); Microsoft Office(Outlook, Word, Excel) – EPICOR specific experience ideal
• Certifications: APICS – CPIM/CSCP, equivalent
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org